I recently read a great article on everydayfeminism.com that gave nine great ways that we can make social movements less elitist and more accessible. They certainly are worth repeating!
- Welcome people who are trying to learn.
- Prioritize physical and economic accessibility.
- Celebrate age diversity.
- Make room for mistakes and accountability.
- Value intention and action more than ‘correct’ language.
- Learning the art of Calling-in vs Calling-out
- Acknowledge and breakdown activist hierarchies.
- Value everyone’s contributions.
- Center Love.